HaxPad - a Programmers' Editor for Windows RT and 8
HaxPad is a simple single-file programmers' editor for Windows RT and Windows 8. HaxPad was written because there were no highlighting editors for Windows RT, and its author needed something to work with on his Surface RT.
And because the author is dogfooding, here's what you get:
- Syntax highlighting for 52 languages plus plaintext
- Apache Velocity templates
- c# (needs work)
- Diff files
- Google Go
- Jinja 2
- LISP (Common Lisp)
- Markdown (Git-flavored)
- Properties files
- RDF N-Triples
- RDF SparQL
- Shell script
- Sieve Mail Filters
- SQL (MySQL dialect)
- SQL (PostgreSQL dialect)
- Visual Basic
- WikiText (TiddlyWiki)
- WikiText (Tiki)
- Not just search and replace: regular expression search and replace, top-screened to stay out of your way
- HTML and XML tag completion
- Single file editing for virtually any code type (multi-file coming soon)
- Automatic match highlighting
- Live highlighting of unbalanced DOM
- Editor backgrounding. If your web browser saves its state after a shutdown, why doesn't your editor?
- A dozen color themes
- Word wrap! (so many programmers' editors forget it. ☹)
- Available to RT devices such as Surface RT
We all want to write code on our new Surfaces. ... and now we can.
TextMate is $50. UltraEdit is $50. Sublime Text is $60.
So while this is a limited editor, HaxPad is just three bucks. As it gets better, the price will go up, but existing owners won't have to re-pay, so, buy early and save.
The price will raise to $5 at version 2, which will include multi-file and two secret features we're really excited about.
There's a two week free trial, to help you decide if it's worth the money. :)